When it comes to java wondering which java editors to use or have following questions in mind…
Which is the best java editor?
Which java editor should I use for java Swing?
Lite java editor.
Which is good IDE for java struts?
Java IDE for linux.
Here is some description about some IDEs you can use according to your coding comfort. My favorite IDE is Netbeans.
I would suggest if you are beginner in java use vim editor or just textpad to comple and run the programs.
Netbeans IDE :
Netbeans IDE is open source and free Java Editor.
Supporting operating systems are windows, linux and MAC.
1 . Use Swing GUI builder to develop quality desktop GUI applications in quick time.
2. Using Netbeans 6.9 you can integrate Java FX composer for working out Java FX applications.
4. Supports mobile application environment.
What I like about Netbeans:
1. Tab structure for navigation around the code.
2. Advanced search features.
3. Superb tomcat integration.
4. Javadoc feature is very useful.
5. Very nice compilation engine.
6. CVS integration is excellent.
7. Nice collection of plugins and ease of use and install.
Free java IDE
Highly extensible and customizable.
This IDE is built on plugin architecture which gives flexibility and control to developers.
What I like about Eclipse :
1. Content assistance.
2. Refactering facility.
3. Great interface looks.
4. Control over how the java compiler handles warnings and errors.
5. Very good integration of ant.
There are some other IDEs available such as JCreator, BlueJ, JFrameBuilder for java programming, havent tried those yet.